Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 17:15:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: file://localhost/usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.html

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Studded wrote:

> "good" in this context. The problem in this context (as we've discussed
> before) is that there are different ways to learn and grasp concepts.
> The problem with a lot of unix documentation (and especially man pages)
> is that it's written by people who are extremely left-brain oriented and
> therefore have a difficult time presenting information in a way that
> helps non-techie's grasp the concepts.

How does this manifest itself such that manpages are easy to
learn from for left-brain-orientated people and difficult for
others?

>                They are designed to document features in a quick
> reference manner.

It seems to me the whole problems is summed above.

Actually, that's not really the problem.  I want my manpages to
act as a reference manual.  Let a tutorial or "info" file do the
teaching.

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.