Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 14:11:37 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New LINT options: what is VM coloring?

According to David Greenman:
> be a big win for direct-mapped caches (e.g. most Pentium L2 caches), but
> loses effectiveness with set-associative caches (e.g. Pentium Pro, which
> has a set size of 4).

The K6 has a 2-way set associative cache so I guess it is not interesting
to use page coloring but does anyone know what kind of L2 cache an ASUS T2P4
use ? It is a P5-class motherboard so it is possible that the cache is
direct-mapped, no ?

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #61: Sun Jul 12 14:38:23 CEST 1998