Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:56:10 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding `pgrep' and `pkill' to /usr/bin

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> I noticed the upcoming version of OpenBSD will add the commands
> `pkill' and `pgrep', which they picked up from NetBSD.  These
> commands also exist in Solaris and Linux.  Anyone mind if I add
> them to FreeBSD?  I'd just pick up the versions from NetBSD, and
> make whatever changes are needed for them to work on FreeBSD.

What's wrong with the pkill port?  It has already been picked from
NetBSD, and whatever changes are needed for it to work on FreeBSD
have already been made (and pgrep is part of pkill).

If you add this to /usr/bin instead of leaving it in ports, don't
forget to do the same for doscmd and some other things that are
only in ports.

Bruce