Date:      Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:22:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, David Greenman wrote:

=>>Just out of idle curiosity, are there other "local changes"
=>>besides the memory one?
=>>
=>>My main reason for asking is because I use www.cdrom.com as an
=>>example of how kick-butt FreeBSD is.  If that site is better
=>>because of a bunch of "local changes," then I need another
=>>example...
=>
=>   I thought I said "Don't ask...". :-)

I took your "don't ask" as meaning "don't ask for the *changed
code*"  not "don't ask *about* the changes."  If I
misinterpreted, sorry.

=>want to fix the problem correctly by changing the way that some of the TCP
=>timer mechanisms work (esp wrt delayed acks). This and other TCP scalabilty
=>improvements are on my short term TODO list and I hope to have them completed
=>prior to the 3.0 release.

Killer goal.  Too many people go for the quick fix.

Lee