Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 05:04:32 +0000 ()
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thoughts on the install and on Red Hat Linux.

Julian Elischer stands accused of saying:
> > > Can we re-open the traditional (heh heh) dialog on this topic?
> there was movement at the station for the word had got around.....

Old Regret?  Now that's just too prophetic 8)

> > > 2. I think we need to sit down and devise a list of tcl commands,
> I think that an install disk with a single executable
> linked with tclX, should be able to do all the installation :)

I think that Jordan's looking at a bigger picture here; particularly with
reference to the "toolchest" concept.

> have builtin tcl scripts for all the usual commands..
> (add tk when a server is found :)

Or, more accurately, start with formint_tty or formint_ncurses, and then
swap to formint_tk if/when X is started.

(Am I beginning to sound like a scratchy record? sorry 8( )

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[