Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:00:57 -0800
From:      "Spiral Eyed Girl" <spiraleyedgirl@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error using sound with KDE

I am having a problem with my SoundBlaster Audigy sound card with KDE.
Before I fired up X, i did this:
kldload snd_emu10k1
sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

then I did a startx, and KDE loaded, and durring the initial splash screen,
I heard sound after it initialized peripherals. But after that, I couldnt
get it to work. I tried using XMMS with OSS and eSound, and i tried kaboodle
and nautan, all of them had no sound.

So my questions are: Does FreeBSD 5.3 fully support the SB Audigy sound
chip? If so, do I need to configure something in KDE to get the sound back?

Thanks