Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:18:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie
Subject:   Re: rdist and pam

In article <200007281055.aa78980@salmon.maths.tcd.ie>,
David Malone  <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie> wrote:

> > I should mention that ssh does support a challenge-response
>                         ^^^
> I presume you mean cvsup here.

Yes, sorry for the typo.

> > > 	3) I wasn't sure if you can adjust what gets pushed out to
> > > 		clients from a central config file. We have per
> > > 		machine exceptions.
>
> > Actually I am testing just that sort of feature now, in preparation
> > for the next release. :-)
>
> Cool - sounds useful. How far through this are you?

The enhancement was submitted to me in fully working form by Olaf
Wagner.  It adds the concept of client classes, which are a lot like
FreeBSD's login classes.  There is an associated login.conf-like
configuration file to control various aspects of what each class may
do.  For example, you can hide certain collections or even certain
branches from some clients.  From the point of view of those clients,
the hidden collections and/or branches don't even exist.  The config
file syntax and the mechanism are extensible.

I am doing a little restructuring of it and a lot of testing, with
the goal of releasing a new version before the summer is over.

That would be great.  Please send them to <cvsup-bugs@polstra.com>.

> > Yep, it's some strange interaction between some window managers and
> > the M3 graphics library.  It's mentioned in the BUGS section of
> > cvsup(1).
>
> I'll try to find a similar workaround for tvtwm - should I let you
> know if I find one?

Sure.  But even the work-around mentioned in the man page doesn't
really solve the whole problem.  I think it has something to do with
M3's use of the WM_TAKE_FOCUS window manager protocol.

John