Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 1995 23:25:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Piero Serini <piero@strider.ibenet.it>
To:        Hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in the Press

Hello.

Quoting from J Wunsch (Sat Aug 26 22:47:20 1995):
> > ftp://strider.free.it/pub/FreeBSD/SunExpert.article.txt.gz
>
> I get only connection timeouts from that site (and no reverse lookup
> data, btw.), even though the ping times and package loss rates don't
> seem to be bad.  Can somebody put it up on a site with better
> connectivity?

Well,  1st  of  all the article is now mode 0000 because we still
have to check the Copyright on that stuff. Sorry, I didn't  think
of it in the beginning.

Regarding the connectivity, can you tell me the site you're call-
ing from? We're experiencing some network problem in these  days,
but  it  should be reachable from everywhere. I tried from a site
in Miami via Sprint I have a login on, and everything was fine.

P.S.
The  site  is very young, so we're waiting to be delegated to re-
verse nameservice by the RIPE, which is much slower than the  In-
ternic.

Bye,
--
#        $Id: .signature,v 1.12 1995/08/14 12:10:54 piero Exp $
Piero Serini                                            Via Giambologna, 1