Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 13:56:29 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Ganesh Kumar <al_ganesh@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to make boot CD?

Ganesh Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to create a FreeBSD 4.5 CD for my office with limited
> packages installed on that.(typially a desktop).
>
> ie.kernel + loader + X utils.
>
> Kindly let me know how to copy the kernel and apps and make it bootable.

Search the archives for LiveCD and download those scripts.
Once you've run the initial parts of the LiveCD, you can chroot to the
directory where the LiveCD is being created and install whatever
packages you want.
Then go back to the LiveCD script and complete the CD creation.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology