Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:02:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Blake Freeburg <blakef@mrdata.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape popper wierdness

Hello,

  Recently two clients have been having popper errors reading mail from my server, and I would like any hints.  I am running FreeBSD 3.2, QPopper 2.53, and they are using netscape 4.x

  First, it works, but gives these errors (Netscape 4.6 client):

Jul 28 15:44:00 mrdata popper[82078]: @dmz2a-240.tivoli.com: -ERR Too few arguments for the auth command.
Jul 28 15:44:01 mrdata popper[82078]: kathy@dmz2a-240.tivoli.com: -ERR Unknown command: "xsender".

  Second, it never reads mail, but gives this error (Netscape 4.5, 4.6):

Jul 29 08:26:39 mrdata popper[93832]: cliffh@dial-125-22.ots.utexas.edu: -ERR Unknown command: "xsender".
Jul 29 08:26:44 mrdata popper[93832]: cliffh@dial-125-22.ots.utexas.edu: -ERR POP EOF received

Any ideas/work arounds?  All other mail clients are doing fine.

Blake Freeburg