Date:      Mon, 25 May 2020 17:03:41 +1000
From:      Chris Knight <stryqx@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd 12.0 azure and azure-agent (waagent)

Howdy,

azure-agent (waagent) functionality on FreeBSD can be found here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/linux/freebsd-intro-on-azure

The full list of functionality for azure-agent can be found on the GitHub
page (https://github.com/Azure/WALinuxAgent).

If you upgrade to FreeBSD 12.1, make sure you upgrade the pre-installed
package using sysutils/azure-agent in the Ports Tree. You could do this
before the upgrade as well as after the upgrade.
So long as you don't try any of the Azure provisioning mechanisms during
the upgrade (e.g. IP address change) you should be right.

--
Regards,
Chris Knight