Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 18:01:18 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <chip@chocobo.cx>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Packet priority

From: "Chip Marshall" <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
> I know that ETinc cards arn't on the supported driver list, but is
> anyone using ALTQ with them? It's currently looking like ALTQ is
> precisely the sort of thing I'm looking for, but if it doesn't work
> with our T1's then it isn't all the useful for me. Also, I know that
> ETinc has it's own bandwidth management software, but my boss isn't
> really excited to pay $600 for software that is at best equivelent to
> other free software.

As long as you own a ETinc card, you can use their bandwidth management
software on that system for free.

Now, if you want to use their bandwidth management software on a system
without a ETinc card installed, then you have to pay ETinc to use this
software on that system.  You will also need to provide them with the MAC
address of one of the ethernet cards, which they use to create a key to
enable the software beyond the 1 hour time out.

Scot