Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2000 06:11:31 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        hume@Den.BOFH.Halifax.NS.Ca
Cc:        cbh@teabag.demon.co.uk, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AIC-7890 problems with kernel build

Hi,

> And, of course, the kernel config... a fair amount of crap still not trimmed
> out, but the only difference between this config and the one used to build
> the functional kernel is apm commented out and ACPI added, which I've already
> tried reversing without much difference.

All I can say is that acpi is initilized after pcib and its children
are attached so I don't think ACPI code affects PCI stuff...

> # Power management support (see LINT for more options)
> #device		apm
> device		acpi

Could you disable acpi and try again to make the problem clearer?
Without `device acpi' line in your kernel config file, any ACPI code
isn't compiled in your kernel.

Thanks