Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:17:14 -0500
From:      mikel <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Happy Yule...

Hi all! I've been cruising the BSD lists for approx two years now. I
work for a medium sized ISP, and our systems
have a lot of shall we say unskilled users; shell access is not allowed.
So this being the holiday season and all we
tend to get a large number of requests for us to set up some sort of
vacation responder messages. these in and of
themselves are not the problem as fBSD has a nifty command call
vacation, but it just didn't do enough for me. The problem is the
accompanying off the wall shedule requests like I want my email
responder to start at 04:30 on Friday the 23rd and
stop at 10am on Jan 3rd et cettera...On top of that as I said most of
our users are /sbin/nologin thus do not have a need for a /home
directory.

Ok so that leads me to this I've created this utility; it;s written in
sh so it should work out of the box.

http://www.ocsny.com/main/admin.ocs?url=holiday

I have bullied my company into allowing me to publish it as a Yule gift
for the BSD community. So please if you use it let me know. Thanks in
advance, for taking the time to try it.

Happy Yule,
Mikel