Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:50:40 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Andreas Jonsson <andreas@romab.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal: tunable default/init label for MAC policies

On Feb 11, 2014, at 6:27 PM, Andreas Jonsson wrote:

> Hi list,
> I think that being able to set the MAC process label from rc.conf =
would
> be a better and more flexible way of moving forward, so that modifying
> rc-scripts everywhere would be unnecessary.

For a "default" label, I think the right place is a tunable which can =
only be changed from
loader.conf, and can't be changed while the system is running.

Something different, of course, would be the option to assign a certain =
label
to a service, with a variable such as "apache24_maclabel" set in =
rc.conf. That
would be great as well, but it's an entirely different issue imho.  ;)

Borja.