Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:49:44 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stale NFS file handles on 8.x amd64

On 11/29/2010 17:06, Adam McDougall wrote:
> I've been running dovecot 1.1 on FreeBSD 7.x for a while with a bare
> minimum of NFS problems, but it got worse with 8.x.  I have 2-4 servers
> (usually just 2) accessing mail on a Netapp over NFSv3 via imapd.

There are a whole lot more variables that I haven't seen covered yet.
Are you using TCP mounts or UDP mounts? Try toggling that setting and
see if your performance increases. Are you using rpc.lockd, or not? Try
toggling that. What mount options are you using other than TCP/UDP? What
does the network topology look like?

It's very likely that we can help you here, but more information is needed.

Doug

			-- OK Go