Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 10:36:31 +0200
From:      FreeBSD <admin@ced.0418.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG

Hello my name is Henrik Ahlfors

I have been a unix user for a long time now and wondering if you could maybe
give me some information. I am running a P500 1Gram and a
IBM deskstar 7200rpm with uldra dma 66. The Unix 4.0 releases only works with
uldra dma 33 disks. Soon "www.bredbandsbolaget.se" will offer me a high speed
connection at 10Mbps to be started then 100Mbps then 1000Mbps. The first think
i need to know is why FreeBSD isent supporting udma 66 or udma 100.
Using10Mbps internet connection with udma33 is waste of bandwith.
Currenly windows cant use 10Mbps but unix could if they began to support
udma66 or udma100. Please have i missed that function or isent it developed yet?
If not could it be developed by somone you know freebsd staff?

I hope this problem with be soloved if not Win2k works as fast as UNIX.
Unix has better uptime but with this high speeds i think Win2k wold be
working better, or am i wrong? I am searching some ansers please help me.

Regards Henrik Ahlfors