Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:54:01 -0500
From:      nadas@torrentnet.com
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        mraught@acm.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Belkin wireless support

hi warner,

hmmm.  i can report that the belkin works for me in its pci-pcmcia card in a
4.6 stable system.  the pcmcia card seemed to behave the same as my other card
in a laptop, but i lack the necessary infrastructure to actually test that
setup. i did have to clone the smc pccard entry and put in the belkin strings.

-steve

On 30 Oct 2002 at 21:56, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <3DC055C8.4C8A668@pacbell.net>
>             richard childers <fscked@pacbell.net> writes:
>
> Yes, they do, at least not in the PCMCIA<->PCI adapter.  I've used
> these in 'connectathons' in the past.
>
> : Caveat: Belkin's PCI<->PCMCIA converters *do* have a chipset that is
> : recognized by FreeBSD, and it mistakenly thinks it's found a card, but it :
> hasn't and it doesn't work.
>
> When I tested it, it worked for me.  Maybe I should go to office-max
> and find out why it doesn't work for you.
>
> Warner

Stephen Nadas                           Ericsson IPI
nadas@torrentnet.com                    920 Main Campus Dr.
Voice:  +1-919-472-9935 Fax: x/9999     Suite 500
Mobile: +1-919-522-0991 ECN: 802 29935  Raleigh, NC 27606