Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:39:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WordPerfect 8.0 For Linux works :-)

Just in case anyone wants to be a little more sure before they download
23MB, yes, the just-released Corel WP 8 for Linux works fine under
2.2.8-RELEASE.  There is one minor glitch in the install if you download
the seperate files, and that is you need to lowercase the filenames after
un-gzipping them.

O.K., so the font selection isn't great, but Corel claims that it will
work with any T1 font that the X server has properly installed, and we've
got a port that makes all the Ghostscript T1 fonts available to X, so that
should improve once I've played around with it a little more.

For those that don't know, see http://linux.corel.com