Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:43:30 -0800
From:      Scott Larson <stl@wiredrive.com>
To:        "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: decent 40G network adapters

     I can vouch for the Mellanox ConnectX-4 cards as working well, along
with the Chelsio T5 stuff, both under heavy production usage in both
routing and endpoint cases. In my testing the T5 was a slightly better
option in situations demanding PPS with a higher ceiling and lower cpu
utilization, but they came out essentially in a dead heat when testing for
raw throughput.

*[image: userimage]Scott Larson[image: los angeles]
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/4216+Glencoe+Ave,+Marina+Del+Rey,+CA+90292/@33.9892151,-118.4421334,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c2ba88ffae914d:0x14e1d00084d4d09c>Lead
Systems Administrator[image: wdlogo] <https://www.wiredrive.com/>; [image:
linkedin] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/wiredrive>; [image: facebook]
<https://www.twitter.com/wiredrive>; [image: twitter]
<https://www.facebook.com/wiredrive>; [image: instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/wiredrive>T 310 823 8238
<310%20823%208238%20x1106>  |  M 310 904 8818 <310%20904%208818>*