Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 13:51:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cisco expertise ?

Our former administrator set up some packet firewalling on our gateway router,
a Cisco 2501. Unfortunately dial-in users are complaining about not being able
to upload large amounts of data outbound.

(users are dialed in through Livingston Portmaster 2E's and USR Netserver/16's)

But getting back on track. Telnet access to the domain has been completely
sealed off. I've got some tech people who are willing to do some trouble
shooting in the router but they are in another town and thus they cannot
telnet into it.

Can anybody point me to the steps necessary to re0en
re-enable telnet access to the router ?

On a side note, if anybody knows what could be causing the choked uploads that
would be fantastic too. Users cannot FTP outbound while dialed up but they can
FTP direct to a local unix host on our ether and then telnet to that to FTP
out. So I'm at a loss as to where to point fingers.

-Kurt