Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:00:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM buys Whistle Communications !!

Hi,

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

> IBM says it agreed to acquire Whistle Communications, a maker of a new
> class of computers that supply Internet services targeted at small
> businesses.
>
> June 9, 5:10 a.m. PT in Enterprise Computing
>
> http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,37558,00.html?st.ne.fd.tohhed.ni
>
> I wonder, does that mean FreeBSD will have better relationships with
> IBM, or less relationships with Whistle ??

In an earlier thread, I think in -chat, it was noted that Netcraft had a
list of what big "developers" were using.  If you check IBM it's mostly
AIX, a few OS/2, a few NT machines and 6 FreeBSD machines (all in Russia).
There is only one web server (listed) in the IBM domain that is running
Linux.  Does that mean FreeBSD is 6x more popular than Linux inside IBM?
:-)

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                        brett@daemonnews.org              *