Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 15:47:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISP <FreeBSD-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail relaying

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999, Sean Michael Whipkey wrote:

> At 03:32 PM 6/26/99 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> >I just got a mail from ORBS (http://www.orbs.org/) telling me I'm an
> >open mail relay on my home machine.  I run current here, no mods, and
> >since I thought that sendmail 8.9.3 came with relaying off by default, I
> >didn't need to do anything to stop it.
>
> I thought the same thing, but the FreeBSD 3.2 server I just set up at work
> that came with sendmail 8.9.3 has relaying turned on as well.  I haven't
> had much time to figure out how to refuse all, but I'm working on it as we
> speak, so I'll let y'all know what I find.

At least I know it's not probably something I messed up.  I got kinda
miffed a little while back when, shortly after I bought O'Reilly's
monster Sendmail book, they changed the format of the configuration.

My luck.

chuckr@picnic.mat.net       | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic and jaunt, both FreeBSD-current.
(301) 220-2114              |