Date:      23 Jan 2004 05:58:28 -0500
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.4.2p6 problems on 5.x

Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> writes:

> Can everybody who is having trouble with 1.4.2p6 on 5.x please try using
> libmap.conf(5) to map libkse to libc_r and see if the problems persist.
> Also, please report if this makes a difference.
>
> If I get a few positive reports for this I think we should shift the port
> back to using libc_r by default and libkse as an option.

Mozilla 1.6 plugin with jdk-1.4.2p6_1 under RELENG_5_2 with was not working
at all without mapping 'libkse' to 'libc_r'.

Anything I can do to help diagnose the problems with libc_r, let me know.

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."