Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:54:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        System Administrator <admin@wicked.eaznet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPSd

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, System Administrator wrote:

> Does UPSd work with the APC SmartUPS v/s series or just the SmartUPS?  I
> may have made a mistake when I purchased the v/s.  I saw that it was
> compatible with SCO, so I (probablyincorrectly) assumed that it could
> work with FreeBSD.

There are commands for the SmartUPS and the SmartUPS v/s in the code.  I'm
trying to verify them with the v/s attached to our mail server, but the
admin of that machine is trying to set some uptime record and won't
shutdown the box so I can swipe it.  :-(

The profiles have to be reset for 120 volts, as they're for 230 at the
moment.  I've done this for the smart models but alas I don't have access
to the v/s to change them.

The SCO compatibility refers to PowerChute, which doesn't work on FreeBSD.
Thus the evolution of upsd.