Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:17:35 -0500
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, rooneg@electricjellyfish.net
Subject:   Re: Diffutils

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org> wrote:
> In message: <20020322063236.GA19699@tara.freenix.org>
>             Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr> writes:
> : According to M. Warner Losh:
> : > I have talked with green about this.  He'd like me to fix patch to
> : > grok the generated diffs first.
> :
> : Why?  Do we also have a modified patch?  The original GNU patch with the
> : original GNU diffutils work fine so what's there to fix?
> :
> : I'm confused. I seem to recall that at one point we went to patch 2.5 then
> : back but that's about it...
>
> The patch that we have in the tree is 2.1 and doesn't grok the missing
> end of line stuff.  The 2.5 that we also have in the tree doesn't work
> with cvs diffs :-(.

Our patch 2.1 is also broken on certain "large" patches I've encountered
(extremely long lines, for example, seemed to be one issue).  Our patch is
also a lot more verbose than patch 2.5.  So, just for the record, there are
more than a couple small differences...

  <> green@FreeBSD.org  <> bfeldman@tislabs.com      \  The Power to Serve! \