Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 22:53:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ufs is too slow?

> Not exactly. It is broken in FreeBSD since the VM/Buffer cache merge and it
> lacks some features like fsck. John Dyson said he was working on it and
> hoped to have it fixed for 2.2. Now maybe 3.0.

The LFS that we have had in our tree never really worked correctly,
and wasn't very robust.  However, it doesn't excuse me missing my target
for getting it fixed.  I did ask Margo for help with her latest sources,
but got no response, other than an initial ack.  Given that, I intend to
fully integrate it with our merged VM/Buffer cache, hopefully making progress
like getting rid of locked buffers, etc...

John