Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:56:41 +0900
From:      FreeBSD4Me <fbsd@typhoon.co.jp>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LOAD_CONFIG_FILE , was Re: turnkey floppy for large number of installations

Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, FreeBSD4Me wrote:
>
> > I want to create a turnkey/customized boot floppy so that
> > ANY ONE can install FreeBSD by just inserting the floppy and
> > the CDROM, without answering any questions.
>
> Through the install.cfg framework you can reduce this to one option --
> selecting 'load config' and hitting enter four times.  Afterwards it can
> be completely automated.  In fact there's enough space on the 3.0-RELEASE
> boot floppy to cram it on there :-)
>
> This is documented on the (uninstalled) sysinstall man page and sample
> install.cfg, which is in src/release/sysinstall.

Thanks for the pointer!   According to the sysinstall(8)
manpage:

   If sysinstall is compiled with LOAD_CONFIG_FILE set
   in the envi-ronment (or in the Makefile) to some value, then
   that value will be used as the filename to automatically look
   for and load when sysinstall starts up and with no user
   interaction required.

But when I did a "grep LOAD_CONFIG_FILE *" in

   /usr/src/release/sysinstall

I couldn't find any #ifdef LOAD_CONFIG_FILE lines.  In
fact the only occurance was in systinall.8!  Where did I
go wrong?