Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 23:56:50 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ASUS P2L97-S

On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 11:03:48AM -0700, Keith Middlekauff wrote:
> Hello,
well hello

I have the ds and its a great board. I'm not an expert but since you have
such a simple setup I'll try. Using the EZSCSI setup, ctrl-A at bootup
brings it up, choose the set all to default option. This sets everything
reasonable. Use the scsi utility, part of EZSCSI, to check that your
adapter and drive are being read correctly. The adapter should be set
to scsi id 7 and the drive to 0. If still having problem, try another
cable. *Do* read the handbook on scsi; it's very good.

Good luck,

> I have a problem with this board, P2L97-S, and using only a single ended
> scsi disk.
>
> I have nothing on the wide interface and one disk on the narrow. The
> disk is terminated.
>
> This is my message when I boot.
>
> FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE #0: Fri Jul 24 09:38:13 PDT 1998
>
> ahc0 <Adaptec aic7880 Ultra SCSI host adapter> rev 0 int a irq 12 on pci0:6:0
> Illegal cable configuration!!. Only two connectors on the adapter may be used at
>  a time!ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
> ahc0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
> (ahc0:0:0): "HP C3725S 4299" type 0 fixed SCSI 2
> sd0(ahc0:0:0): Direct-Access 2069MB (4238836 512 byte sectors)
>
> Any help or ideas appreciated
>
> Keith

Tom