Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:20:52 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        me@daniel.stefan.haischt.name
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: dspam-devel-3.6.4.20060315.1518

 [ ports@ cc'ed back ]

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:29:15 +0100
"Daniel S. Haischt" <me@daniel.stefan.haischt.name> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ion-Mihai Tetcu schrieb:
> >

> > Please don't use BDB; I'm tempted to drop support for BDB completely
> > Use SQLite (yes, I raed the other mail) or HASH if you don't want a
> > full SQL server.
>
> I was going to build various DSPAM packages for pfSense, each
> using a different DB provider. Tho, yes I did read that BDB is
> not 'recomanded' :)

Why not build a single package and relay on dspam.conf database back-end
selection ? That the reason we now have the possibility to use shared
libs for the DB.

> > This being said, uname -a ? Didn't work means exactly what ?
> > Please do a 'make rmconfig; make -DBATCH' and tell me if you still got
> > problems (in which case I'd be inclined to say you might have a local
> > problem).
> >

> Didn't work means that the DSPAM configure script did refuse to
> take 'libdb41_drv' as an input param for the DB provider knob.

I don't know what is the difference between 6.0R and 6.0-STABLE
regarding BDB and I don't have any 6.0R to play on. As you know, we
guarantee -RELEASE to work only with ports tagged for that release and
nothing more.

> Using libdb4_drv finally did work out.

Could you please provide me with a patch that would make your changes
depend on OSVERSION for 6.0 RELEASE ? So I could include them in the
port.

> To fix the SQLite issue, I changed the LDFLAGS variable from
>
>  LDFLAGS="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib"

>  LDFLAGS="-L${LOCALBASE}/lib -L/usr/lib -lpthread"
>
> After having done a 'make rmconfig && make config' the issue
> did disappear.

With the LDFLAGS above or without ?

Thanks,

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

It is more rational to sacrifice one life than six.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3