Date:      Thu, 08 Oct 1998 22:41:09 -0700
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What's your Window Manager preference?

At 03:09 PM 10/8/98 -0400, Dennis Favro wrote:
>  What's everyone's window manager preference?  I've finally gotten the
>time to get FreeBSD up and running, and I'd like to hear what everyone else
>uses.
>
>  I've tried out fvwm2, amivwm, twm and the K Desktop.  They're all pretty
>good.  I'd like to give mlvwm a shot, (I'm a Mac user) but it needs a rc
>file that I have /no/ idea how to go about creating.
>
>--Dennis <mailto://scqdaf@globalserve.net>

Hey, this was a pretty neat question! :)  Well, to answer your question I
currently use KDE.  Although, I have used fvwm, fvwm2, AfterStep 1.0, and
WindowMaker (for about a week).

The main reason why I like KDE is because it works very well, and I also
don't have to fuss with some *rc file.  I've spent way too much time with
.fvwmrc and .steprc in my limited unix experience.  I would have probably
learned alot more of the rest of the system if I didn't spend so much time
perfecting the look and feel of my desktop.

I think they're planning on making WindowMaker pretty much a full point and
click enviroment, so maybe then I'll give it a try.  (Don't quote me on
that because I haven't been checking up the development of WindowMaker
lately) :)

Well, goodnight guys.

Joey Garcia