Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:55:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
To:        uwi mAn <uwiman3k@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: floppy problem

Well, that certainly does sound odd. Is there anything in the logs? Is the
power cord loose? Were there any messages on the screen?

I'm just guessing in the dark, but it sounds like something hardware
related. Maybe the drive spinning up shook something, or the powersupply
couldn't handle it, or something strange. Had the machine locked up, or
showed errors, then I'd suspect different, but who knows? Maybe your
drive has a hardware conflict that causes a hard reboot.

Try it again and see what happens. That should narrow it down a little,
anyway.

-tcannon