Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:39:50 -0500
From:      Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Half-dead G4

--nextPart3115823.tpQ2MUbrr3

On Tuesday 01 January 2008 11:35:51 Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 10:41:30 -0500
>
> Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu> wrote:
> > I still don't get the chime now.  Is there any other test I can
> > perform to narrow down the cause, and fix this problem?
>
> Have you tried reseating (take out and put back in again) all the plugs?
> Both power and data cables, on motherboard, hard drives and whatnot.

I've reseated all data cables.  Haven't reseated the motherboard power cabl=
e,=20
but I've reseated the hard drive power cable, and can't quite figure out ho=
w=20
to remove the CD-ROM drive power cable, as it's enclosed.  I've tried=20
removing the hard drive and CD-ROM drive data cable connections from the=20
motherboard, but that didn't help.  I'll try pulling out everything, even t=
he=20
CPU, and see what I can come up with.  I was hoping removing the battery an=
d=20
resetting the PMU would do the trick, but that failed as well.

Am I right in assuming that because holding the mouse button ejects the CD-=
ROM=20
tray, the CPU is functioning because it has to go into openfirmware?

=2D Justin