Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:46:31 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        hostmaster@bemarnet.es (Antonio Navarro Navarro), freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Restricted access via FTP

In article <2.2.32.19961010154508.0070ce84@host.bemarnet.es> you wrote:
: Hello All !

 Gday!

[cut]
: the files under the directory '/home/www/username' (this files can be viewed
: using a web navigator with the url http://www.bemarnet.es/username) but he
: also is allowed to do a 'cd \' or 'cd ..' and then look all the files in the
: server.

 There are some patches to wu-ftpd to allow multihomed hosts, and some
 others to do "chroot" for users ftp directories.

 I suggest either finding these, or just modifiying wu-ftpd yourself
 so that it "chroot"'s into users home directories when they log in
 with ftp.  You'll need to remember that if they do chroot then they
 require accessable copies of "ls" and stuff like that.

 Perhaps you should make it so that it "chroot"'s to /home and then
 have a /home/bin with static binaries users might require for
 ftp (like ls)

 Regards,
  Peter

--