Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:07:38 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <mcgovern@beta.com>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RC2 is now available

I have not worked with RC2 yet. However, as of a snapshot a couple of days
ago, there was still a large amount of 'non-intuitive behavior' in sysinstall,
and by 'non-intuitive', I mean its behavior works directly against the
on-screen documentation in places, and where its not documented, just acts
bad.

Before anyone says 'Quote examples', I'll point you to the freebsd-qa mailing
list, where I've given exact locations and behaviors that didn't make sense
(repeatedly).

I expect RC2 will still have some of these behaviors, as the snapshot mentioned
above still had them.

I will probably therefore push for at least an RC3 before we go to -RELEASE, or
at least as many RCs as to get to where an RC could be 'shipped'.

Hopefully, if you fixes didn't get in there, we could have a follow on RC in
a few days that would definately have it.

Why I'm on the topic, who is the 'official' person doing Release Engineering
and/or working on sysinstall (I'm used to Jordan doing both)?

	-Brian