Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 23:44:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mr Operating System <freebsd@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A couple of problems!!

> i wish i'd have enough diskspace and lot more bandwidth between me and the
> freebsd.org so i could get all from there... ofcourse, then i should be
> living in the country too which would mean automaticly more bandwidth...

We need to get whomever is running the .de server to make things work.
Fixing the problem is better than beating up freefall.

> > speaking about was the Makefile in the lex directory, not the Makefile
> > in /usr/src.
>
> # $Id: Makefile,v 1.5 1996/06/19 20:46:57 nate Exp $
>
> that was the id you wanted, this is what i have:
>
> # $Id: Makefile,v 1.2 1994/08/27 09:52:30 csgr Exp $
>
> no wonder... *blink*

That won't work.

> but did the last base Makefile i got few minutes ago look about right? like,
> if i'd be finally getting the -current i've thought i've had earlier too...

Umm, I don't remember but it looks like a -stable makefile if it's got
an ID with 1.X.X.X.  Normal ID's (-current) are of the form 1.X, and
branches such as stable have two additional #'s.

Nate