Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 01:58:41 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        tyf0n3 <tlu@flashmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-NewBies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hostname

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 06:36:51PM -0700, tyf0n3 wrote:
> I am using FreeBSD 3.2, when I boot up, how do i change the default hostname
> (myname.my.domain) to what I want?  I tried hostname -s myhost but that
> doesn't work the next time i boot.

You have to change the hostname in /etc/rc.conf too to make it keep it's
value across reboots.  If your /etc/rc.conf does not contain the proper
line, copy it from /etc/defaults/rc.conf and edit it *only* in
/etc/rc.conf ... do NOT change /etc/defaults/rc.conf :)

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public key: finger keramida@ceid.upatras.gr