Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:49:41 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Console

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.10007281126540.56940-100000@markl.com> Damon Hammis writes:
: I have TERM=vt100 set in the .profiles of my remote machines for that same
: problem.  I run KDE on 4.0-STABLE and connect to Sun, HP, and IBM boxes
: all day long.  Setting the envrionment variable on the remote side at
: login seems to work well for me, as I've had no problems with more, vi, or
: any other programs since.

For the console you need cons25 for your term rather than vt100.  they
are close, but not quite, the same thing.  vt100 will work for xterms
because xterms are a superset of vt100s.

Warner