Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 18:16:21 -0400
From:      "Paul F. Werkowski" <pw@snoopy.MV.COM>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/printcap for Deskjet 500 and gs

>>>>> "-Vince-" == -Vince-  <vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu> writes:

    -Vince-> On Sun, 2 Apr 1995, Paul F. Werkowski wrote:
    >> writes:

    -Vince-> 	Hmmm, somehow no matter what paper I use, the ink
    -Vince-> always bleed except when I print the postscript graphics
    -Vince-> files...  Do you actually mean that the Jetprint is a
    -Vince-> medium grade paper or do they have different grades of
    -Vince-> Hammermill Jetprint?  Have you tried the Mead Inkjet
    -Vince-> paper?  That paper didn't seem to make any difference but
    -Vince-> the Jetprint seems to be good except the paper is kind of
    -Vince-> hard to fold.

	I said medium grade because the newspaper article suggested
	that it was: lets see if I can find the article...

	Yes, "Hammermill Jet Print (200 sheets for $5) produced
	marginally better results than the quality laser bond
	and significantly better color than my everyday paper. But
	it didn't come close th the coated paper." The coated paper
	here was Avery Brilliant Color stock ($.16/sheet). The Jet
	Print is "a relatively inexpensive paper marketed for ink
	jet printers".

	I agree that it is a bit stiffer than our normal printer fodder.
	I haven't tried the Mead. I guess you don't recommend it.

	Paul