Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:21:33 +0400
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@webmail.sub.ru>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   maybe offtopic... but - Libretto.

Hello!

I'm struggling with Toshiba Libretto 1050ff, trying to install FreeBSD on it.

The old notebook apparently cannot boot from anything but hard disk or Toshiba's external floppy, which I don't have and cannot find.

Currently, it's running Win98.

Disk is already partitioned, so I could use second partition... if only I'll be able to boot a kernel somehow.

I've installed bootmanager, but that's all I've managed to do.

bsdboot always hangs on attempt to load a kernel, and I haven't found any tool able either to start with FreeBSD installation image or to write minimal FreeBSD partition on disk.

Maybe someone can help?

--
Alex.