Date:      Sat, 27 Dec 1997 17:16:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   rlogin/rsh access question

	i am atempting to get amanda set up to backup my home network. I am
	runing 2.2-STABLE FreeBSD. I installed amanda on the 2 FreeBSD boxes
	using the ports collection.

	Yhe tape server is an HP 9000/735. amcheck is reporting the folowing
	about the 2 FreeBS machines:

	ERROR: koala: [access as bin not allowed from amanda@kodiak.fas.com]

	I have set up amanda to run as user amand, and yes the tpe host is
	kodiak,fas.com,

	Now my questions, it appears as thought the ports collection installed
	amanda to run a bin on the FreeBSD machines. Is this correct? If so
	why?

	Second question how can I allow amanda from kodiak to access the
	FreeBSD machines as bin, if that is waht is required?

	Thansk.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems