Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:39:19 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Debugging, Linux style

Mike Smith wrote:

> If you think we have it bad with clueless users and less clueful
> helpers, have a look at what we're missing:
>
>  http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/90/09/21/2110249.shtml

:-)

URL is actually

   http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/98/09/21/2110249.shtml
                                    ^

but if you follow the first of the links to comments at the end of the
article -

 "linux does not lock up! you must be mistaken by Anonymous Coward
  on Monday September 21, @09:15PM"

you find -

   "obviously you are some sort of microsoft flunkie. everyone,
    including that brilliant guy who runs VA research, knows that
    linux doesn't lock up. maybe you havent been reading enough
    advocacy pamphlets. your thought is in need of correction.
    you need to have your mind redirected towards the global
    domination of linux, rather than in this direction of evil
    lies about our beloved operating system."

Now, I don't know whether this is meant to be a tongue in cheek
remark or not, but if you extract the key words - "Microsoft",
"Linux", "World Domination" you can only arrive at the conclusion
that Linux is a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft ;-)