Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 21:29:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        ctm-announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Special src-4 ctm

OK, I just finished generating a special ctm delta, which used as it's
base the state of the src-cur tree as of src-cur.4274.  I named it
src-4.0001.from-src-cur.4274.gz, because I needed to differentiate it from
the normal src-4.0001.gz which'll be the first src-4 I'll be starting to
generate a few minutes from now.

This new delta will be showing up at mirrors shortly, in the src-4
subdirectory.  I won't be mailing it.  There have been problems with
getting ftp.freesoftware.com to mirror properly, I know abou that, I don't
have immediate responsibility for it, and I don't know who does yet, but I
have stuff being done *anyhow* to find it and fix it.  I won't give it up
until I do get it fixed, don't worry about it.

Anyhow, if you use this special first delta, you don't need the xEmpty I'm
going to be making either.  The next one to apply will be
src-4.0001.gz.  This brings up a problem you have to deal with:

THE NUMBER IN .ctm_status WILL BE WRONG !!!

Note that this new delta will want to set .ctm_status to 0001, and you
just have to delete this file, so that the next src-4 delta to apply will
go on cleanly (one small ignorable warning about the missing .ctm_status).

First guy to use it, get the error, and send me a complaint, gets the
booby prize (I won't list the offender, but I want to ask as many as
possible to read this and avoid being that person).

Figure I will have the new src-4 first delta out in maybe 4 hours, and
I'll be turning on ctm for general use again tomorrow.  Thanks for your
patience.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.