Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 01:04:05 +0200
From:      Guido Muesch <odiug@darkstar.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/659: xdr_float, xdr_double missing in libc

>Number:         659
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       xdr_float, xdr_double missing in libc
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-19950603 i386
>Environment:
Freshly installed FreeBSD 2.0.5R

xdr_float and xdr_double are missing in the standard libc. I discoverd
that compiling a spread sheet called teapot.
(ftp://cantor.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/linux/teapot.tz)
teapot uses XDR when saving/loading a sheet.

>How-To-Repeat:
Try to link something that needs xdr_double.

>Fix:
Put xdr_float.c in the SRCS list of /usr/src/lib/libc/xdr/Makefile.inc
and recompile and install libc.
xdr_float.c is marked UNSUPPORTED in Makefile.inc. I do not know why this is
so. Maybe somebody of the core-team knows why. BTW NetBSD seems to have
xdr_float, xdr_double.