Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 19:25:38 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bt848 driver update

1.
The detection of Hauppauge's tuner has been improved by relying on
eeprom[9]'s content. I think so far from the data that some have
send me eeprom's 9'th byte appears to be the tuner model .
To those who send their board info : A million tnks!

2. The problem with the Bt878 introducing one more input MUX and currently
being used by board makers such as Hauppauge remains a problem for
apps such as fxtv. I will address this issue as Randall has recommended
however is going to have to wait till next week  when I get breather from
work.

The new driver is at http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html
ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/bt848.tar.gz
and it has been checked in to -current.

	Amancio