Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:33:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Artem Koutchine <matrix@ipform.ru>
Cc:        xuyifeng <xuyifeng@stocke.com>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is Berkley DB libdb?

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Artem Koutchine wrote:

> So, lets get to it onces again.
>
> Given:
>     db file created with 2.7.0 os Linux Slackware
>     FreeBSD 4.1.1-stable with 1.85 included in libc (damn it, get it out of

  I'm under the impression that db files created with versions prior to
version 3.something are not cross-platform, so I doubt that this will ever
work unless you use 3.1 everywhere.  3.1 co-exists with previous versions
better than any previous version because the default install location is
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1.

Tom