Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 11:46:08 -0500
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@sparcmill.grauel.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   VM/kernel problems?

Peter Wemm writes:
 > Is this just me?  I started getting these on three different machines with
 > vanilla -current kernel from within the last 24 hours.
 >
 > pid 659 (FvwmPager), uid 433: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
 >
 > pid 762 (xterm), uid 0: exited on signal 11
 >
 > pid 144 (named), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
 >
 > pid 4601 (tcsh), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)
 >

 > The machines were not under any load at the time (load-av 0.00).
 >
 > A build that is failing:
 > @(#)FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0: Mon Sep  9 20:36:30 WST 1996
 >
 > A build that is thought to be good:
 > @(#)FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0: Fri Sep  6 03:40:12 WST 1996
 > I do not know that this one was built from up-to-date source though.
 >
 > (WST = 8 hours ahead of GMT, about 15 hours ahead of freefall time)
 >
 > Anybody else seen this, or is it something local?
 >
 > -Peter

It's not just you.  I'm also running a very recent (within last 24 hours)
kernel. I thought I'd try swapping out some SIMMs before I said anything,
but if other people are seeing it too, it's a little more likely to be
software-related.
--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (317)477-6000 \