Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 12:06:58 +0200
From:      ostap <ostap@ukrpost.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd network terminal problem

Hello,
I've recently installed freebsd 4.1.1 release and there is one really
strange terminal issue. I know this sounds like some kind of a newbie
question,
but:
for several yars I was using the combination of a cons25 terminal and
a popular win telnet client (http://www.corbina.net/~maloff) on a 2.x
and
3.x freebsd systems. All programs like vi, ee, mc worked just fine with
it over the network terminal. But after migrating to 4.release it seems
like there is something wrong with the termcap cons25 section, and all
those programs doesn't
handle the terminal type right (no scrolling, incorrect cursor movements
etc).
Replacing the termcap with one taken from 3.x system didn't help, and
they are
almost the same, I must say. All other settings, profiles, TERM
variables and
stuff are identical on 3.x and 4.x. But somehow all those programs, even
sysinstall
work fine on 3.x over the network under cons25 and refuse to handle the
same terminal
correctly on 4.x ( though work fine on a local console)
Can anyone give me a hint?
I've tried almost everything

ostap