Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:18:48 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        David Nicholas Kayal <davek@saturn5.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm leaving the project

David Nicholas Kayal wrote:
> This type of thing caused the division of the BSD projects in
> the first place, and hurts the project over all and is the primary reason
> that Linux has such a better market position then BSD.
>
> I love FreeBSD.  I dunno why.  I just do.  I'm no expert, but it sits
> right with me.  It is a shame that due to people's socialization problems
> that such a great operating system is regulated to the backwaters of the
> OS oceans.
>
> I suggest some people realize that they have problems with dealing with
> people--we are not computers in that certain inputs cannot guarantee
> certain outputs--and perhaps seek therapy to improve their socialization
> skills.
>
> That and $1.10 might buy you a cup a coffee.

Yes, we need to embrace the trolls and stop marginalizing them.  The
Troll-man has been downtrodden for far too long, it is time for him to
step into the light of society and be accepted for what he is...assuming
they don't shrivel up and die in the light.  I don't know about you, but
that's a risk I'm more than willing to take.

--
   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer