Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 13:44:37 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   guspnp status report

Hi,

I have been hammering at the gus pnp sound driver and I am getting close
to wrapping it up.

There are two problems so far with the latest stuff that I have:

o Proper initialization of the mixer so the mic slider works on vat

o A weird dma buf problem which causes sometimes packets to get
  repeated on playback . Recording is okay.

o Also for some reason and this is related to the above problem is that
  playback packets seems to get somewhat queued up on the driver when
  using vat. Basically, vat is supposed to send packets at a steady
  rate so I don't get this sort of problem. At any rate, I am close
  enough to the source of the problem that I am confident that I
  will solved it in a few days.

o vat-4.0b1 sound module had to change a little since I released and when
  I am done with the code it should be a fairly stable release.

I expect to release a new gus pnp sound driver and vat-4.0b1 by Monday.

Also, I am right now in the middle of contract assigments so please do
check out the code when you get a chance because once I start working
again I may not have enough time to work on this stuff well at least
as much time as I have now 8)

So check out the code and report back problems ...

     Enjoy,
	Amancio